You are an international applicant if you fall into one of the following catagories:
- You are not a German national
- Your university entrance qualification is from a non-German school
If you are interested in applying at our university, there are many different options available to you. Choose to study at our main campus in Deggendorf or at our new European Campus Rottal-Inn, either as an exchange student or enrolled as a regular student. The application process is identical for both locations.
Language requirements for English-based degree courses
If English is an official language in your home country OR you already achieved a bachelor degree, that has been taught 100% in English OR you had at least 6 years English classes at school, then you are not required to prove your English proficiency. All other bachelor and master applicants are required to provide the following language certificates.
Accepted language certificates:
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language
Required score: internet based test 72-94 points
- TOEIC: Test of English for International Communication
Required score: listening 400-485 points, reading 450 points
- IELTS: International English Testing System
Required score: IELTS Academic min. 5.5-6.5 points
- TELC English
Required level: B2 School, Business or Technical certificate
- ESOL Cambridge University: English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Cambridge English: First (FCE),
- Certificate in English Language Skills: Vantage
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage
- CET: College English Test
Required level: Band 6
Language requirements for German-based degree courses
German language requirements:
- Required level of competence needed in the German language to enable admission into a degree course at the Deggendorf Institute of Technology.
Information for exchange students: all exchange students must participate in a German course during the semester. Additionally, an intensive German course is offered during the Orientation Week (1-2 weeks before the semester start).
Please direct any further enquiries about language skills to the Language Centre.
The Application Process
All application guidlines are described in the sliders below:
Applying as an international exchange student
Exchange students may attend any degree courses in a range of semesters, providing all academic and linguistic prerequisites are fulfilled.
See the "language requirements" slider above for more details. (Language certificate is not required)
- View a list of all choices and courses taught in English
- View German-based bachelor courses
- View German-based master courses
All international exchange students attend the Orientation Week.
- Winter Semester: 1st April - 1st June
- Summer Semester: 1st October - 1st December
Application is only possible during the above application periods!
- Exchange students apply online via Mobility Online
After completing the first online application, applicants receive an email containing a link and login details. The applicant then must follow the link and enter a password, before entering further details and uploading documents (such as CV, photo, copy of passport, grade sheet, certificate of enrolment).
Application as an exchange student at DIT is ONLY via Mobility Online. All required documents can be uploaded and nothing should be sent through traditional post.
Applying as a regular international studentApplication period:
- 15th April - 15th July for entries in the winter semester (October)
- 15th November - 15th January for entries in the summer semester (March)
International students require the following documents for admission:
- Printed and signed online application form
- Copy of school learning certificates complete with grades from the 10th school year upwards. They must be translated into German or English and attested by the German embassy/ consulate in the home country.
- Language certificates
- CV with photo
- Copy of passport or national ID card
- If necessary, proof of previous studies and results
Please send all of the above documents directly to:
Technische Hochschule Deggendorf
Edlmairstr. 6 und 8,
After all documents have been examined, applicants are notified of admission or denial by e-mail. More information can be found here.
Specific information for applicants from the People's Republic of China, Mongolia, and Vietnam.
DIT university applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam have specific admission requirements. A certificate from the Academic Inspection Authority / Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) from a German Embassy in the respective country is required.
Embassies addresses are:
Akademische Prüfstelle des Kulturreferates, German Embassy in Peking
Landmark Tower 2, Büro 0311
Chaoyang District, 8 Dongsanhuan Beilu
100004 Beijing, VR China
Tel: +86 10 6590 7141
Fax: +86 10 6590 7140
Please direct any further enquiries about the application process to the International Office.
Courses with different application deadlines:
- Master of Applied Research in Engineering Sciences application deadline is 15th June
- Master of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology deadline for March entries is 15th December and for October entries 15th June (for international students)
All other courses comply to the general application guidlines.