Alternatives to studying
What options are available to me if my choice of studies does not reflect my personal interests?
If I am dissatisfied with my academic performance?
If I have already thought about changing my degree programme or university several times or even discontinuing my studies?
We are always available for a personal counselling interview and will be happy to support or accompany you on an alternative career path.
Student & academic councelling / Career Service
The Student & Academic Councellors and the Career Service at the Deggendorf Institute of Technology are the first point of contact on campus. If you have difficulties with your studies or are looking for alternatives to studying, we are always there to help you with advice and support. Come to us in good time, because there's always a solution. Our service includes:
- Pointing out alternatives to studying or making contact with the relevant contac people in industry and trade
- Application training
- Change of study programme
- Change of university
- Psychosocial counselling centres
- Social counselling
Contact us: For further questions, please contact the Student & Academic Councellors or Claudia Probst (Career Service).
Federal Agency for Employment
The Agency for Employment offers individual counselling sessions after prior registration in order to support students with a wide range of questions and problems during and at the end of their studies:
Desire for (re)orientation:
- Change of subject, change of university
- (Threatened) discontinuation of studies
- Problems with student financing
Joint development of individual problem solutions and development of new career goals in alternative academic or non-academic occupational fields close to the degree programme.
- Counselling and placement in training or a dual study programme
- Check of application documents, application training
- financial aid
- Aptitude tests for field of study
- Health aptitude testing, assistance for students with job-related health restrictions
Health study aptitude
You can register via telephone 0800 4 5555 00 (Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm, free of charge) or online for a consultation at the Federal Agency for Employment Deggendorf. If you are registered in another district, the relevant agency for employment will also offer individual counselling. Please ask for an appointment directly there!